|Hours & Locations||Get A Card||Ask Us||Support Your Library||Shop|
Join us when author Lisa Damour visits to discuss her newest book, The Emotional Lives of Teenagers.
About the author:
Dr. Lisa Damour is recognized as a thought leader by the American Psychological Association, co-hosts the Ask Lisa podcast, writes about adolescents for the New York Times, appears as a regular contributor to CBS News, and works in collaboration with UNICEF. She is the author of two New York Times best sellers, Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood and Under Pressure: Confronting the Epidemic of Stress and Anxiety in Girls.
Dr. Damour serves as a Senior Advisor to the Schubert Center for Child Studies at Case Western Reserve University and has written numerous academic papers, chapters, and books related to education and child development. She maintains a clinical practice and also speaks to schools, professional organizations, and corporate groups around the world on the topics of child and adolescent development, family mental health, and adult well-being.
With clear, research-informed explanations alongside illuminating, real-life examples, The Emotional Lives of Teenagers gives parents the concrete, practical information they need to steady their teens through the bumpy yet transformational journey into adulthood.
Parents who read this book will learn:
• what to expect in the normal course of adolescent emotional development and when it’s time to worry
• why teens (and adults) need to understand that mental health isn’t about “feeling good” but about having feelings that fit the moment, even if those feelings are unwanted or painful
• strategies for supporting teens who feel at the mercy of their emotions so they can become psychologically aware and skilled at managing their feelings
• how to approach common challenges that come with adolescence, such as friction at home, spiking anxiety, risky behavior, navigating friendships and romances, the pull of social media, and many more
• the best ways to stay connected to their teens and how to provide the kind of relationship that adolescents need and want
Books will be available for purchase courtesy of Mac's Backs - Books on Coventry.
|Mon, May 29||Closed|
|(Library CLOSED in observance of Memorial Day)|
|Tue, May 30||9:00AM to 9:00PM|
|Wed, May 31||9:00AM to 9:00PM|
|Thu, Jun 01||9:00AM to 9:00PM|
|Fri, Jun 02||9:00AM to 5:30PM|
|Sat, Jun 03||9:00AM to 5:30PM|
|Sun, Jun 04||1:00PM to 5:00PM|